Monday, May 19, 2014

A Journey For More Than Long Hair

long hair
May 19, 2014

After thirteen weeks of stretching, I went to my stylist to get a much needed trim and to have my new growth texlaxed.

Overall, I was only able to retain about an inch of growth in three months. My normal hair growth rate is between 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch per month.

While I am always searching for effective ways to increase my growth rate, I remember that this journey is more than long hair and length checks.

If you are on a journey for long hair, retaining an inch in three months could be a bad thing. I admit that I had hoped to retain more, but I can't help but look at the big picture.

This journey is so much more than long hair...


My hair is not full arm pit length yet, but it looks so much better. It is not dry, breaking, or shedding like a German Shepherd in June. It is much healthier than it was even six months ago.

My stylist says that it feels different now. She has been my stylist for four years, and her hands know my hair very well. It was happiness to my heart for her, who knows the trials my hair has been through, to be so pleased.

She was amazed at how well my scalp is thriving. I have had severe issues with flakes and dryness all of my life. So much to the point that it was recommended over and over again that I see a dermatologist. The health of my scalp today is amazing in comparison.

I have seriously been through the storm with my hair, so hallelujah for the sunshine!

This hair journey is about giving myself the best care inside and out. It is about loving myself and feeling good about who I am.

The video below reveals my length before and after my hair trim. Yes, I had hoped to retain more length, but you will still see me smiling because there has been so much progress on this hair journey. I am very please and I feel so blessed to have come this far.


Love and Blessings!
~Candra



Subscribe to the Relaxed Hair Beauty Blog by entering your email below. Let's grow together!:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment