Tuesday, May 13, 2014

13 Weeks Post Relaxer and Hair Bun

I will be wearing protective styles until the weekend (relaxer day). Since I am a bit style challenged, I decided to go with the easy high bun.

At 13 weeks post relaxer, my new growth is still fairly manageable and I can hardly believe it! Hahaha...

It was not so long ago that my hair would misbehave at 5 weeks post. However, looking back, I can't get mad. I mistreated my tresses something awful!

Since I will be relaxing my hair with a chemical, I have been babying my hair for the last two weeks.

  •  More combing and detangling with my fingers...
  •  Did an extra moisturizing deep conditioning treatment...
  •  Medium protein treatment...
  •  No direct heat...
  •  Air dry only...
  •  Protective styles and low manipulation styles...
  •  Applied LOC method...

For my bun I am using a smooth, soft foam bun shaper that I purchased at a local beauty supply store while on a ministry trip in Chicago.

On my hair channel I will post (in one video) a length check right before and right after my relaxer. I am doing the before because I know when I get to the salon, a trim will be in order. 

Stay tuned for the results!


Happy Hair Growing!

~Candra




Subscribe to the Relaxed Hair Beauty Blog by entering your email below. Let's grow together!:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment