Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Co-Washing with Tresemme Platinum Strength Conditioner

Note our new domain name! www.relaxedhairskincare.com! 

Co-Washing with Tresemme Platinum Strength Conditioner

I am just about 7 weeks post relaxer so now is the time to focus on both strength and moisture for my hair.

This relaxer stretch I hope to avoid even more breakage than last time and I will have to be more proactive about preventing my new growth from matting in the back.

I'm back in search of the right products to help me achieve these goals.

I was officially on a no-buy for conditioners over the summer, or until I finished up at least five bottles of conditioner that I already owned. #ProductJunkieProblems ;)

Over the summer I finally finished up five different conditioners by Giovanni, Herbal Essence (2 each), ORS, and Tresemme Naturals. That meant, shopping time!

The Tresemme Platinum Strength conditioner was one that I picked up at my local drugstore. There was a $5 dollar off coupon in the paper that week, plus several of the Tresemme conditioners were on sale at CVS.

To strengthen my hair I was initially looking for the Tresemme Split End Remedy conditioner but it's been hard to find in my area. However, I read great reviews for the Platinum Strength and CVS had that stock.

The claim to fame for the Tresemme Platinum Strength is that it repairs up to 2 years of damage in just 5 washes and protects the hair from future damage. Since I have been on my hair journey for less than two years, the ends of my hair are always in need of TLC.

Wash Day

1. Pre-Poo Treatment with Coconut Oil
2. Co-Wash (washing with conditioner only) with Tresemme Platinum Strength.
3. Deep Condition with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner and coconut oil
4. Rinse and Air Dry
5. Braid out to style

My wild untamed braid out! :)
To co-wash I applied the conditioner to my damp hair working from ends to mid-length first, and then working the conditioner to my roots. I gave myself a nice scalp massage and rinsed with warm water.

I've co-washed twice so far and my initial review is that this product is amazing. It feels more like a moisturizing conditioner than a strengthening conditioner and has a similar feel and fragrance like the Tresemme Naturals.

When I reach 5 washes I will take a closer look at my hair and see if I notice any damage repair or a just an overall increase in hair health.

The first five ingredients are water, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, stearamidopropyl, and dimethylamine. 

This product is not all natural but it does contain key ingredients that gives a really great slip, adds moisture, and gives the hair a smooth finish.

The Platinum Strength Conditioner runs anywhere between $5 and $6. If you are on a hair journey and a budget, this is an affordable product. There are 25 ounces in one bottle and unless you have a heavy hand, the conditioner should go a long way.

I truly love it and I am excited to try other Tresemme products that I have purchased.


My first braid out since 2013. 

What co-washing conditioners are you enjoying right now?

Blessings and Happy Hair Journey
~Candra


Subscribe to Relaxed Hair and Skin Care
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment