Friday, August 8, 2014

Wash Day With Oils and Conditioners Only

Tomorrow is my scheduled "full" wash day but yesterday I went running and had a pretty sweaty workout. My hair hates perspiration and since I perspired so excessively, I decided to throw in an extra wash day.

My initial plan was to do a quick cleanse with a conditioner (co-wash), but since my hair has been loving oils, I thought I'd try something new!

So last night I cleansed by my hair using a combination of oils and conditioners only. It made for a quick and easy wash day and the results really surprised me.

I started by pre-treating my hair with coconut oil for about an hour while cooking dinner.


I then hopped in the shower, rinsed the coconut oil out completely with very warm water and co-washed my hair using the Herbal Essences The Sleeker The Butter conditioner.

It smells nice, it's thick and creamy, but it lacks the slip I love in a conditioner. I've been reaching for it lately just to finish it up. 


After rinsing the Herbal Essences conditioner thoroughly from my hair, I applied organic hemp oil to my hair for an oil rinse.

I put my hemp oil in a separate applicator bottle and keep the rest in the kitchen. My hubby has been taking it internally for its nutritional and Omega benefits. I'm the shallow one who uses it on her hair. Lol...


After a few minutes I applied Tresemme' Naturals conditioner on top of the hemp oil and proceeded to rinse.


When I rinse my hair I like to make sure that the product is completely rinsed out before proceeding to the next step. My hair was soft like butter!

For a deep condition I used the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Pure Strength Conditioning Treatment. I left it in for the duration of my shower and then rinsed with cool water. 


The NTM Pure Strength Conditioning Treatment is a great product that leaves my strong. I wish I could repurchase it locally, but since my passing in the night with it at Big Lots, I haven't seen it anywhere. :(
My leave in conditioner is the Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Leave in Conditioner. I applied this after letting my hair air dry just a bit.


And for my last oil of the night, I bring to you my Key West Jamaican black castor oil.

Since I planned to air dry and wear my hair in a bun, I sealed with JBCO which is a heavier oil. I love this oil for sealing my ends and edges especially.

Once my hair was about 70% dry, I combed my hair back and installed two small flexi rods for some curl and went to bed. In the morning my hair was completely dry and super soft.

12 Weeks Post Relaxer
I removed the flexi rods and decided to throw on a head band and just let my curls hang loose instead!


Wash Day Recap...My OCOCCCO method...Haha...

1. Oil (PrePoo)
2. Conditioner (CoWash)
3. Oil and Conditioner (Rinse)
5. Conditioner (Deep)
6. Conditioner (Leave In)
7. Oil (Seal)

Over all I was very pleased with my hair's response to an oil and conditioner only wash day... especially at 12 weeks post relaxer!
Detangling was easy and my hair is soft and moisturized.

If you would like a full review on any product mentioned just leave me a comment below!

Blessings and Happy Hair Journey!

~Candra


Subscribe for Relaxed Hair Health and Growth Tips! Enter your email below and let's grow together!:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment