Friday, August 15, 2014

13 Weeks Post Relaxer Mid Week Wash Day

I honestly have to say that as much as I love wash days, there are some days when it is simply a chore. On these days it's tempting to take short cuts, but I try to overcome the urge as much as possible. :D


Pre-Poo - Coconut Oil

When I got home from work I took my hair down (was wearing a halo flat twist protective style), and applied coconut oil to my hair with my new Misto Oil Sprayer. (The jury is still out on how I like using the sprayer.) I then twisted my hair back up and went for a run.


Shampoo - Nutress Hair Stop Break Sulfate Free Shampoo

This is my all time favorite sulfate free shampoo. It contains protein and aloe. It has an incredible amount of slip and leaves my hair soft. I'll do a more detailed review in a later post.


Deep Condition - Giovanni 2Chic Ultra-Moist Deep Deep Moisture Hair Mask and Coconut Oil

The Giovanni moisture mask contains avocado and olive oil. I blended the mask with 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil and wore a heat cap for about 45 minutes.

Leave-Ins - Rosewater, Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer, and Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Leave in Conditioner

I applied my leave-ins in the above order. I targeted the rosewater to my scalp and did a mini massage in an effort to stimulate hair growth.

After this I knew I wanted to air dry but was at a loss on how I wanted to proceed with styling. Don't you hate those days?


Style

I air dried and after my hair was about 80% dry I applied some Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Serum made by Spring Valley. I did four Bantu knots (1 on each side and 2 in the back) and went to bed.

13 weeks post relaxer wash dayThe next morning I took my Bantu knots out and the results were so-so.

However, my curls were more defined than I thought considering I didn't use a styling custard or pudding of any kind. I did have a bit of frizz.

Overall this wash day was fairly successful. My new growth at 13 weeks post relaxer is definitely something to contend with, but the continued use of coconut oil and product favorites makes it bearable.



Thanks so much for reading and if you believe this article may help someone, please share! If you any questions please leave them below.

Blessings and Happy Hair Journey!

~Candra



No comments:

Post a Comment