Wednesday, July 9, 2014

DIY in JULY ~ Almond and Coconut Oil Cake Body Scrub

It's DIY in JULY on Relaxed Hair Beauty! ~ Today I am sharing with you my Almond and Coconut Oil Cake body scrub. It is super simple to make and there are many ways you can recreate this scrub to make it your own. The benefits of sugar scrubs go well beyond what I describe in this post. I love it and I hope you will too.



Ingredients and Measurements:

1 1/4 Cup - White or Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup - Almond Oil
1/4 Cup - Coconut Oil
1/2 Teaspoon - Vitamin E Oil
1/8 Teaspoon - Lemon Essential Oil
1/4 Teaspoon - Vanilla Flavoring
1 Glass Container with Lid
The sugar in the scrub exfoliates dead skin cells leaving your body with a smooth and healthy glow. I prefer sugar over salt scrubs because sugar is more gentle on my skin. Exfoliating the skin makes way for the moisture and healing properties of Coconut, Almond, and Vitamin E oils.

Lemon essential oil is known for cleansing toxins from all parts of the body. And the vanilla flavor? Well that's just for my aromatic pleasure. (Smile)

I am reusing a salsa jar for this batch of scrub. It is a glass container and comes with a twist on lid. You can also find reasonably prices containers at your local Dollar Tree or discount store.

I pour in the sugar and follow up with my oils and vanilla flavoring. The lemon essential oil and vanilla flavor gives this scrub a sweet delicious scent. When I first showed this scrub to my husband, he said, "Mmmm, it smells like cake." Hence the name, "Almond and Coconut Oil Cake Body Scrub". ;)


After all of your ingredients are in the jar. Take a spoon and give your scrub a good stir.


If the consistency of the scrub is too oily, you can always add a bit more sugar. If the scrub is too dry, add more coconut oil a little at a time until you get the blend that you prefer.


I use my scrub at the end of my shower time. Using a scoop, I dig in my jar and apply the scrub from neck to toe exfoliating my skin thoroughly. I use a different scrub for my face...recipe coming soon.

I then rinse the scrub with water and my skin is left feeling moisturized, silky, and glowing!

Be careful when exiting the shower. The oil from the scrub can possibly make your tub a bit slippery. I haven't had that happen yet, but just be warned.


If you plan on giving your DIY scrubs away as gifts, create a label to place on the outside of the jar listing the ingredients inside. And don't forget to include a scoop with your scrub. This will keep the scrub sanitary.

I also love using pepper oil, lavender oil, and orange oil in my scrubs. Instead of white sugar, you can use brown sugar, or even coffee. As you create your own DIY beauty masterpieces make sure to do your research. You want to create the perfect products that will be good for your skin type.



Almond and Coconut Oil Cake Body Scrub ~ Enjoy!

Previous Post - Coloring Relaxed Hair Black with Henna and Indigo

6 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea chica! Do you think that the coffee scrub would stain your skin or hands?

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be making my first coffee scrub this weekend. I've heard many write that it does not stain their skin but a few say it does. I read somewhere that adding yogurt may eliminate any staining. To be safe I'm going to do a small test. I want to try it because of its effect on cellulite. I could use that in my life right now. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so refreshing~great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very soothing. We all deserve some pampering! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If you try it let me know how you like it!

      Delete